Smereka Personal DB
Smereka is a freeform extensible database tool for personal information management, data mining, project management, collecting notes etc.
It allows you to organize your data in an hierarchical, searchable database that is stored in a single file. Instantly add, view, edit, rearrange, export and import
information items of 5 built-in types - text, formatted text, webpage, file attachment and folder. Plugin interface allows adding new data types, export and import operations.
Here are typlical cases of freeform database usage:
- organizing snippets of text information: you are accumulating small, independent text files and saved webpages. They are used to store ideas, notes, article archive, etc.
- data mining: you are researching some topic. You need to save and analyze a lot of diverse information, which is located on different webpages, in different text files. You also want to save relevant discussions, IM chats etc.
- project management: you are leading a project, which requires organizing and storing a great quantity of artifacts: documents, important e-mails, chat transcripts, ideas, brainstorm protocols etc. In addition to specialized tools, such as MS projects, CMS or bug trackers, a personal database helps a manager to put pieces of informationtogether, which otherwise would not 'fit' into these large and formal tools.
- structured information exchange: you need to send your colleague a set of file together with some relevant instructions. You can attach files to the database as info elements, and insert text items as child (or parent) nodes.
Task Coach is a simple open source todo manager to manage personal tasks and todo lists. It grew out of Frank's frustration that well-known task managers, such as those provided with Outlook or Lotus Notes, do not provide facilities for composite tasks. Often, tasks and other things todo consist of several activities. Task Coach is designed to deal with composite tasks.
CintaNotes will be your essential assistant in the daily task of collecting numerous pieces of information, like your own thoughts and ideas, article excerpts, blog postings, famous people quotes, research data, curious facts, Wikipedia entries, you name it.
It lets you quickly jot down and tag any piece of useful information that you come across. Unlike browser-based tools like Google Notebook, CintaNotes does not require a web browser to work: the text-clipping 'magic' works in any application that can copy text to clipboard!
Retrieving information is also trivial: just open CintaNotes and start typing, and only notes containing the typed phrase will remain in the list. More sophisticated search criteria are supported, like searching by title or by URL the note was taken from.
CintaNotes saves your screen real estate and does not clutter it with 'sticky notes'. All notes are neatly organized in an easily navigable list.
CintaNotes is a totally self-contained application, meaning that you can put it on a flash drive and run it directly from there. In this way, your notes will always be with you.
NoteIT was designed to be an elegant, quick and easy to use address book, calculator, reader, search engine interface and note taking application, that is natural to use for the user that needs a fast and easy office solution in a fast paced work environment.
We have achieved this purpose, with features that enable the user to store, search, hear, retrieve and password protect notes easily, and to search the Web, with a minimum number of key strokes.
ContactPocket 1.5.2 (last freeware version) is an address book that provides optional encryption for extra security, sync manager to synchronize your contacts over multiple machines and powerful search features.
XDesk95 2.11 (last freeware version of EZ Organizer)
XDesk95 is a personal organizer including a Calendar, Diary, Alarm Clock, User-Definable Notes Tree of text and tables, Dialer, Mailer and Calculator. It is designed to be easy to use yet powerful. It remains active in the system tray.
TreePad Lite is a very intuitive, small yet powerful personal database program, only 465 Kb in size.
They allow you to store all your notes, emails, texts, hyperlinks, etc. into one or multiple databases. With the look and feel of the familiar Windows explorer, editing,
storing, browsing, searching and retrieving your data can not be easier! TreePad can be run directly from a floppy, if necessary, including data. To find any article you
previously created or imported, you can browse the tree, in the same way as you browse directories/folders in the Windows explorer. You can also use the internal
search engine to find any piece of information swiftly.
Open Contacts is an address book with CRM features providing unified, flexible and intuitive interfaces for you to manage and lookup contact info of people
and companies. Open Contacts shows only info you inputted. You can seamlessly customize what can be stored in your address book. New ways of
communication will be invented in the future, Open Contacts is flexible to such changes.
- Store details in sections of data fields that are dynamically customizable, with predefined data fields.
- Associate people with companies, and associate companies with departments or subsidiaries.
- Categorize contacts in hierarchy trees, and list contacts of subcategories recursively.
- Search contacts info through any data field.
- Dynamic shortcuts to telephony, Skype, emailing or Web/File browsing.
- Print contact info with built-in functions or external label printing programs.
- Import contact info from MS Outlook, Outlook Express (WAB), Eudora, Netscape/Mozilla, XML, CSV and vCard.
- Export contact info to indented text, CSV, Excel and XML.
- Save and load different customized layouts of contact info.
- Support multilingual features.
- The program is small and green enough to run on a memory stick.
- Native supports for concurrent access of multiple users in Local Area Network.
Business & Finance
Business & Personal Finance
Personal Info Managers